Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in here has that Zoodad mod behind there grill ? Im thinking of doing it myself and going to home depot for a piece of mess or something ? is it worth doing ?

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I haven't done it, but it's simple. Instead of mesh you can just drill a bunch of tiny holes... serves the same purpose...

Remove the 4 screws on the top, and remove the 4 tabs on the bottom with a flat head and you've got the grill off. Then you start cutting!!! LOL.

·
Registered
186 Posts
when i bought my truck somone made an attenpt at it and it looked bad. i went back and re cut it. looks good now just a tad large

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya also heard someone said they put a small power fan in there as well ? like it would turn on when he turns his truck on , that be pretty kool so even at a stop your getting more air lol

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I did mine a while back, I used a Dremel tool to cut the hole, shaped it like the intake tube thats behind it.

Anytime you can get more cooler air into the intake it's gonna help. It might not be noticable, but it can't hurt...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Just take a hole saw with a 2 1/4-2 1/2 bit and drill two holes... then a sawsal to cut out the middle... no need for any kind of mesh or anything.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I drilled (3) 2" holes and covered them with a plastic frame and some screen I had in the cellar.
Not sure if there is anything to be gained but after seeing where and how the engine gets its air I figure its gotta help

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Trav I plan on meeting another guy in the ladysmith area when i get home he wants to do the zoodad mod, so if your truck is done maybe we can meet up for a mod party or something.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
It works good with a AFE stage II, I just used a cut off wheel here at the shop. Then I took some thin rubber from a 05 F150 put it between the head light panel and the metal box , used fuzzy butons to hold it in place. It seals out the hot air from the radiator pretty good, I had it done this way last winter, we had a blizzard here so ofcorse I had to go out and play. It got a little snow in the box , but not too much. I've never had any problem with rain , and I.ve been in some really heavy down pours.

DAn

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine's been done for 3yrs and 75K miles and about the only thing I ever get in is some hay from a hay hauler every now and then and never had any problem with rain. It definitely helps with EGT recovery. Mine is cut as large as is physically possible directly in front of the airbox.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did mine, but didn't cut one huge hole, I did a bunch of smaller ones, I don't want any large debree entering that big hole, probably won't do anything but, that's just me, I don't think it does anything for power, hopefully it just helps get cooler air in there for the turbo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did mine a while back. You can't notice any power change however it also can't hurt. Cool is is always a good thing. I didn't use a screen and have yet to have a problem. Even following behind other trucks out in the desert.

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
I've got a Stage 1 AFE and did it when I did my intercooler since it was easy. Did I notice a difference? Don't know but improving airflow isn't a BAD thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts