what the heck is a zoo dad mod?

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
I think it's a ram air intake system.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dick...but 2 seconds using the search feature came back with everything you want to know.
Here's a thread that even has pics.
Zoodad Mod - Powerstroke Nation

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
it doesnt hurt anything, i love mine!

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
It's similar to the Dr Performance Air Fury screen that goes behind your grill you do a cut out for in front of your intake filter giving you an additional 100cfm. I just drilled a bunch of 3/16ths holes in mine because I was slightly worried about getting extra moisture in when rainning or snowing.

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
I agree, no real point in doing it. Besides, unless you go out and buy some SS mesh screen or something of that nature, you're going to have a butchered up panel in there that is visible through the grill.

I noticed NOTHING with mine. I thought I did at first, but it was just be desperate to see a change because I cut up my trucks lol.

·
Kubota Service Tech
42 Posts
I have been debating on doing this mod for awhile. I never did think it would do much if anything. This thread just confirms my thinking......

·
Banned
1,020 Posts
It's also alot of fun cleaning up the remains of a bird that has been smashed and sucked through the little hole and then becomes liquid goo in your intake box...

The zoodad mod should be protected by some sort of screening

Also you CAN
use a pair if panty hose to wrap the filter for easier , simple LOLcleaning

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
How about mine on my OBS?

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
It's also alot of fun cleaning up the remains of a bird that has been smashed and sucked through the little hole and then becomes liquid goo in your intake box...

I did mine along time ago and i have never had anything close to that happen. I've driven up and down the eastern seaboard from Texas to Maryland a few times as well. Whether or not it did anything...........probably not much if any, but it was free so i said what the heck, why not.

i used a dremel to make mine a good neat circle. Can't even tell it's there behind the grill.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts