Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping to a zf6 is there anything to updated or upgrade while I'm installing it? I saw on the 7.3 zf6 they had an updated throwout fork? Same apply for the 6.0? Thanks

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
If you are putting alot of power down I believe they make a Cryo input shaft

·
Registered
247 Posts
what did you find out...im looking into this too

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
I thought the Duramax version of the ZF6 had a couple updated or changed parts, may want to bring that up with whoever you talk to and see what they have to say. It may be it's no better than what's in the Ford verison, but I'm curious.

·
Registered
477 Posts
ya but the duramax version of the zf6 had no low gear just an extra overdrive iirc

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
They seem to shift clunkier than fords too. They do have a low gear its just marked as 1st insted of low. and only one overdrive.

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
An extra OD would be super nice tho. And a low gear.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
it would be pointless. You realize these trucks are made for towing? Another overdrive with a load would never be used. You would not have enough torque to do anything in a double overdrive with a load.

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
I don't know about you, but i dont have a load 100% of the time. And going down the highway it would be sweet to have.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
it would be pointless. You realize these trucks are made for towing? Another overdrive with a load would never be used. You would not have enough torque to do anything in a double overdrive with a load.
You got to remember alot of guys like dont use their trucks like trucks like V V and it is just a grocery getter
I don't know about you, but i dont have a load 100% of the time. And going down the highway it would be sweet to have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts