Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing info on what I'll need to do a zf6 swap..I found a great deal on a zf6 and manual case and need to know what ill need to go from the 5r to a zf..I can get harness teams t case pedals the works all the way down to the carpet but what will I need actually need to make this as painless as possible..will I need the pcm?? Column?? As of now I have full access.. please help..I'll be swapping a Cummins in also so that will come into play..also can I keep the electronic t case or would it be better to go with the manual..the manual case is included with the trans..

·
Registered
331 Posts
I vote manual T-case.
If you are doing a Cummins, just use the PCM you have. It will only control the cluster.
I recommend getting a manual trans hump.
I took my auto harness and chopped out the unneeded wires. You'll only need the T-case indicator, neutral safety and b/u circuits.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Project20v, Can you point me to where you address the wiring for the ZF6 using the 5R harness? I am having some problem getting my truck to go into 4wd which I assume is due to the Neutral safety switch noting being addressed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx 20v..I sent you a pm the other day..
I actually have a 6.7 at home so may be mirroring your swap..I don't really wanna hack anything and the 6.0 will reside under the hood until sold..so I need it to work like factory for a while

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i purchased everything i think ill need to do the swap

steering column
clutch assembly
flywheel
PCM
floor hump
carpet
brake and clutch pedal
manual tcase

anyone think of anything else i may need??

also what would have been a good buy on all of this, just to make sure i didnt get bent over or pay to much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts