Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 99 7.3 with a zf6, and I managed to lose some teeth off of 6th gear, which also took out a tooth on the gear on the mainshaft which that gear meshes with. In searching for a new 6th gear and mainshaft, it seems there is both a "high torque" and "non high torque" outputshaft for the 7.3 zf6.

The transmission I have is a rebuilt unit i got off eBay about 5 years ago, and for some reason the ID tag is ripped off the tranny, so I don't have a part number to go off of.

I know its a long shot, but does anyone know the actual difference between the high torque and non high torque mainshaft? They both look identical to me, and I don't see any other parts that are high torque or non high torque specific, so I'm hoping its just some metallurgy thing that makes the difference and the dimensions are the same

Thanks

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I would assume it's gas vs diesel.
Diesel being the high torque.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume it's gas vs diesel.
Diesel being the high torque.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
That's what I thought too, but I see both high torque and non high torque listed for a 7.3 zf6

I guess I don't have enough posts to be allowed to paste links, but from C&M Gearworks they have both mainshafts and they both say they are for a zf6 behind a 7.3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts