Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what differences there may be (internally) between the ZF6s in the Duramax versus the one in the Superduty. One of the diesel rags just showcased a guy with a pretty quick stick Chevy. I thought youd bend shifter forks trying to shift this quick??

Also does everyone with the ZF get that low pitched "groaning" sound when taking off with really low revs?

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
One thing i can tell from the video is that the shift pattern is the same. I dont see why anything internally would be changed unless GM wanted different gear ratio. Whats surprising to me is that he is launching in first and hitting all the gears. Cool either way, i love to see a fast manual.

And the groaning sound is your single mass flywheel, not sure what exactly or why but thats what it is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing i can tell from the video is that the shift pattern is the same. I dont see why anything internally would be changed unless GM wanted different gear ratio. Whats surprising to me is that he is launching in first and hitting all the gears. Cool either way, i love to see a fast manual.

And the groaning sound is your single mass flywheel, not sure what exactly or why but thats what it is.
Thats what I thought too, that reverse gives the pattern away.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ford has and internal pump and a tranny cooler. GM does not

Barney

·
Registered
228 Posts
i was looking into it the other day too, i thought the number of splines are different on the ford than the chevy one.

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts
The Ford 6 speed is amazing in what it will handle. If the Chev doesn't have the cooler then I would think it's not as durable. If you want quick shifting I've seen short throw shifters advertised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts