Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys its another zf6 thread, I have a 2000 7.3 that I love with all my heart that truck is my baby and there are two problems.(both are personal preference) 1. it doesn't have cab lights, that problem will be solved in a few weeks when I install some recon's on it. 2. Its a auto . now I know a lot of people will say "sell it, buy a 6 speed". Well I've had this truck since 2004 and I don't want another truck I want my truck. I've done all the maintenance on it and it and I know how my truck has been taken care of.I have had this truck for +100,000 miles and have had no horror stories from it.

That being said I really want to do a ZF6 swap in the next 6 months. I have dove ZF6's before and I love them.
Who can I talk to in order to find the parts?
Will my truck function like a ZF6 from the factory?
What's it going to cost me? Roughly
Does anybody know of a shop or business that does these swaps? If so who? I would be willing to pay a legit business to do it if it would look and drive like a zf6 truck from the factory.

Thanks for any and all info.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Its probably gonna cost you what a bts auto 4r100 would, minus the reliability and warranty

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cost, It depends on if you buy a reman or new zf6 or used one, it should be more reliable and last longer then a auto. ids say a good clutch is over $1000, trans could be up to $2500 if new or reman, misc parts could be about $1000 driveshafts, transfercase input shaft, slave cyl, floor hump etc etc.. roughly $4000 depending on parts and labor.
Thanks,
Deo

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Cost, It depends on if you buy a reman or new zf6 or used one, it should be more reliable and last longer then a auto. ids say a good clutch is over $1000, trans could be up to $2500 if new or reman, misc parts could be about $1000 driveshafts, transfercase input shaft, slave cyl, floor hump etc etc.. roughly $4000 depending on parts and labor.
Thanks,
Deo
Exactly my point. You can get a bts for a few hundred more, and have a lifetime warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts