Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys needing a little help here I have searched but came up empty handed, I looking at getting a 06 F450 zf6 2wd with pto on it and converting it to a 4x4, the salvage yard says that it has a bolt plate on it for the transfer case does this sound right? my only thinking is that it has a drum on the back of it for braking. any get transmission and transfer case for 1500 tranny has 125K miles and transfer case has 45K.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Could you be a little more clear? Do you already have the truck? Are you saying you already bought another transmission and transfer case? I'm a bit lost...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that. I am looking at buying the transmission from a salvage yard along with the transfercase. The salvage yard said the truck was a 2wd with pto and that a transfercase will bolt right up to it. Is this correct?

·
Registered
233 Posts
transfercase will NOT bolt to a 2wd trans

·
Registered
233 Posts
The old F-Superduty (pre 97) trucks had a transmission mounted e-brake mounted on the back of the transfer case. These trucks used a 4wd trans yet were 2wd.

I am not aware if the newer F450s were this way or not... I don't think that they do, I'm sure they have a regular e-brake on the rear axle...

PTO provisions were on the sides of the trans for mounting all sorts of stuff... not transfercases

If there is a way to swap tail shafts and housings, likely there is, it is a fairly involved process...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts