Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
JTlane
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what could a man get out of a zf5 trans with a soild flywheel clutch only has 10000 miles on it????

·
Sponge
219 Posts
When I sold mine I felt like you could get $500 (maybe a bit more) for a ZF5-47 in excellent shape. A little less for the -42. The 4x4 version sells much better then the 2wd.

Used clutches, even if only slightly, don't have much of a market. Unless you find just the right guy who needs a new one and wants to save a few bucks. And then, you're dealing with someone who's short on cash. Together with the solid flywheel, though, might be worth something. I'd say $350 or so for both if it's a stock (valeo) replacement. Obviously more if it's a South Bend or other upgrade.

I have a feeling you will have to be patient if you want these prices. Just like anything, the lower you go, the faster they'll move.

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Well, judging from that thread, guys are getting more than I did for mine. It took me 6 months to sell my S5-47 in excellent condition for $500. Posted on here/ebay/craigslist. But it was the 2wd version.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Well, judging from that thread, guys are getting more than I did for mine. It took me 6 months to sell my S5-47 in excellent condition for $500. Posted on here/ebay/craigslist. But it was the 2wd version.
I cant give the 2wd ones away stick or auto. Or even a 2wd truck for that matter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts