Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guess im replacing it and hoping the shaft isnt gone. do i need a puller? remove clutch? just some advice, ive dropped a tranny before just forgot how the bearing comes out. thanks!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Definitely going to have to remove the clutch and disk. I couldn't tell you if you need a puller (I've never just replaced the bearing). It may need to be pressed out and new one in, but it's only a few more bolts to pull the flywheel off at that point. Make sure that you check the throwout bearing and maybe even check the release lever for wear while you're in there (those parts aren't that expensive). Cheers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already dropped it and did the throwout thinking its fixed and it wasnt, so now going back in for the pilot (headache) but the clutch is thick and good so whoever owned it before me (2 months ago) must have done it already.

just looking for pilot advice.

·
Heath
441 Posts
Yes you will need the puller--i rented one and it was still a pain in the ass to get out. I pulled the inner bearing out of the pressed in housing and then had to drill it and used a chisel to split it. New one tapped in with a hammer and a socket

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like a nightmare! i just seen several style pullers, you got a pic of a style you used? or a link

·
Heath
441 Posts
no pics right now-out of town. It was two finger that go into the bearing and then a bolt that you tighten the piss out of to spread the fingers, then twista nut to pull out. The one I had problems with was an original out of a 94--should have done it when the clutch was changed a couple of years before

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah ive seen some with fingers on the backside with a slide weight to hammer it out, like a slide bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts