Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just had the gears in my zf5 melt so it got a rebuild. during the repair the inspection cover cracked and broke. can anyone help me locate one? i know i need the newer model that doesn't rub a hole in the oil pan so can anyone sell me one of show me where to buy one? Also I'm in southern California so junkyards are no help to me.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Is there any way to get the old one repaired? I had a heck of a time tracking one of these down. And then PSN came to my rescue, I found the part I needed right here in the classifieds with an OBS being parted out.
There are a few different versions of the Zf5 metal bottom cover, I had to modify mine a bit to fit right.
I would look around PSN see if a member has one you can buy. It may be easier to weld up your broken one?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
just run without one. better for the clutch anyway

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any way to get the old one repaired? I had a heck of a time tracking one of these down. And then PSN came to my rescue, I found the part I needed right here in the classifieds with an OBS being parted out.
There are a few different versions of the Zf5 metal bottom cover, I had to modify mine a bit to fit right.
I would look around PSN see if a member has one you can buy. It may be easier to weld up your broken one?
Yea i was lucky enough to weld it back together the other day. welds look like booty but they worked, thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just run without one. better for the clutch anyway
The mechanic that did my rebuild said I should definitely track one down to avoid rocks or something getting stuck in the teeth of the flywheel, why do you say it's better for the clutch?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
more airflow to cool it, easier path for friction dust to leave.
that would be quite the rock to get up there, unlikely

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
If have rocks getting in there, you have other problems to worry about. I've driving in water almost that deep. Well it's turning so fast, water has no chance of getting in there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts