Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was cruising along today, decided to get the truck out and for some reason i rest my foot on the clutch and the pedal went to the floor and the tranny started making this bearing sound the pedal was on the floor the whole time and fluid was leaking everywhere, what could this be im not any good when it comes to trannys, slave sylinder and throw out bearing??.....its been making the bearing sound at idle for a while now and this just made it louder, thanks jeff

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts
Well you'll have to find the leak first! The only thing that holds clutch fluid (brake fluid) is the Master Cylinder (which is the little resevoir that is just to the passanger side of your brake booster) the braided steel line, or the slave cylinder. Replace the part that is leaking, refill and bleed just like you would brakes. The slave cylinder has a little bleeder valve on it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it has a internal slave, and i think there one unit (slave and t/o) or is that just half ton, the fluid is coming out of the bell housing

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts
Well the slave cylinder pushes the fork inside the bell housing so its possible that the seal on the inside end of the cylinder is bad.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, im tearing it down tonight ill post info

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts
Got an update?

·
Registered
685 Posts