Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sell aftermarket parts for the zf5 transmission? Like billet shift forks, shafts, or anything for that matter?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have no idea but hopfully someone else does know because i would like to know too

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I dont think so. its hard enough finding the OEM parts :)

sub'n

·
STILL LEARNING
18,327 Posts
You can get cryoed shafts. I can't honestly say I have heard of bending a shift for so no need for billet.

How much HP you talking about? I have seen them take 600hp and getting BEAT

·
Registered
758 Posts
The Lone Stroke had well of 700 iirc and had nothing but a run of the mill zf5.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
a face tooth gearset would be awesome.
'one day' I am going to call Liberty to see if they can do it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the "Lone Stroke" keep it in one gear for the entire pull. I guess I'm just worried because i sheared my 3rd/4th gear shift fork last year beating on it of course. Otherwise it sounds like the trans can handle power with the example of "Lone Stroke".

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can get cryoed shafts. I can't honestly say I have heard of bending a shift for so no need for billet.

How much HP you talking about? I have seen them take 600hp and getting BEAT
I plan on trying to get over the 500 hp some day in the future so it sounds like it'll handle that. Has anyone put a short throw shifter on the trans? If so how did you like it?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is no way to shift when truck pulling, pick a gear and go.
thanks, so the syncros and shift forks really are utilized in truck pulls. Does anyone know of this transmission being used in a drag race application? and how well the transmission holds up to that type of abuse?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,327 Posts
thanks, so the syncros and shift forks really are utilized in truck pulls. Does anyone know of this transmission being used in a drag race application? and how well the transmission holds up to that type of abuse?
It wipes the syncros out. They are NOT designed to be shifted fast

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am so jealous of your truck. I have a '95 2WD RCLB ZF5 as well. I found a mint bed in your exact color and I was going to buy and paint the rest of it that color but someone beat me to it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It wipes the syncros out. They are NOT designed to be shifted fast
Yeah I know it'll destroy the syncros. I was hoping people would have designed aftermarket crap to at least alleviate some of that. O well that's the nature of the beast. I guess I'm going to buy a junk yard zf5 rebuild it and put it on the shelf for when I destroy this one again.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am so jealous of your truck. I have a '95 2WD RCLB ZF5 as well. I found a mint bed in your exact color and I was going to buy and paint the rest of it that color but someone beat me to it.
Are you referring to my truck?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Yeah I know it'll destroy the syncros. I was hoping people would have designed aftermarket crap to at least alleviate some of that. .
liberty gear does custom work, face tooth conversion alleviates that crap 100%

1 - 20 of 48 Posts