Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, New the forum. Hoping to find some input on an issue with my old 7.3
I parked the truck around a year ago due to some engine problems. I then went out and purchased a bone stock, well maintain 06' 6.0. Today I went out to move my old 7.3 into the shop. Got it fired up but when I put it in gear nothing happens. I can run through all the gears from reverse to forward with no grinding as if the truck is not even running. I know there is no major transmission issues since I drove it to where it is currently parked. Any ideas please let me know. The truck is a 2000, F350, 4x4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one stole my driveshaft, I crawled around under the truck looking for anything obvious.
Not sure, typically my experience is if a hydraulic clutch system is failing it will not disengage the clutch properly and this is completely opposite. I've had clutches not fully engage, clutches not fully disengage but never had this before. It's as if the input shaft is not spinning but I drove it to where where it's at now. Wondering if anyone else has experience anything similar or has any ideas on what it could be.

·
Administrator
8,237 Posts
Check your t case to see if it's in neutral

1 - 4 of 4 Posts