Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get this crap off?

the original owner had the WHOLE truck done. Didn't do much though, because the rad support, both fenders, both bed sides, tailgate and one door are ROTTEN.

I want to get this crap off the bottom of the cab/frame and inside doors to paint it properly

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
You might be surprised what you find under that crap. I have seen a frame completely rusted through when removed.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is this stuff Brad? Rust protector(wannabe) a protective film?
Yeah. They drill holes in the doors, and cab corners, then spray the stuff inside

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a heated power washer. It makes pretty short work of the stuff on the frame. And the frame looks like NEW where it was still there.

The Bottom of the cab I am having a hard time with. It is stick MUCH better there. I may have to just leave it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before

After(the black is bare metal)

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to say though. As much as a bitch as this stuff is to remove, I'm glad it was done. Otherwise my truck would be in ALOT worse shape than it is currently in

·
NEBR99.5 OIL BURNER
162 Posts
i just had mine blasted and it came out pretty decent previous owner had plenty of undercoating on it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutely. But I am NOT removing the cab. I wish I could but I dont have a way to SAFELY lift the cab off.

So I will be removing the other fuel tank, driveshafts, fuel lines and electric lines. Then sandblasting, POR15 and tractor paint

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Absolutely. But I am NOT removing the cab. I wish I could but I dont have a way to SAFELY lift the cab off.

So I will be removing the other fuel tank, driveshafts, fuel lines and electric lines. Then sandblasting, POR15 and tractor paint
Can you post or pm me pics of the progress? This is the route I was thinking of doing on my truck evenually.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now the frame is completely cleaned with the power washer(the photo i posted). Hit the scaly spots with the air chisel and pick tonight to loosen the big stuff. Still need to put my Dually axle and new leaf springs in
This weekend I HOPEFULLY will sandblast everything I can get to. The POR15 and topcoat while still tacky with Valspar Lo-glare tractor black

1 - 14 of 14 Posts