Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i got a tune from either elite or innovative (i cant remember).. but when i install the xtream street and drive around with it my a/c stops blowing COLD.. when i come to an idle it works just fine... now when i install another tune it works perfect... what could cause this anyone know?

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds strange but I feel like I've heard of this problem before I'd contact your vendor direct.

·
Registered
922 Posts
that sounds like an innovative tune by the name of it

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think my truck does the same thing but not sure if it is within the tune. Never even thought that it could be from that though. When at idle my a/c blows nice and cool but when I take off a/c instantly gets warmer.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Cant be the tuning. Could be an AC unit that needs recharging or blown headgaskets though.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yea I think mine is more in the a/c unit but could never find any leaks with the sniffer. Had it recharged and if I I can remember it worked for 2 days then started doing the warm to cold thing again. Must have a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
368 Posts
are you taking off normal?there is a point where the a/c is cut on wot.first place to look is the charge of the system.could be tuning,could be a pressure switch,could be airflow across the condenser,but most likely the charge.what is the ambient temp?was it recently worked on(cab off)?for leaks ive always had better luck with dye than the sniffer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but what makes no sence is when i go back to stock or switch tunes the A/C works just fine... its just when i load the xtream street tune

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
but what makes no sence is when i go back to stock or switch tunes the A/C works just fine... its just when i load the xtream street tune
Tunes dont effect the AC performance they cant.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was thinking vacuum

·
Registered
963 Posts
haha thats funny. Maybe I should try that

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
there is a point where the a/c is cut on wot.first place to look is the charge of the system.could be tuning,could be a pressure switch,could be airflow across the condenser,but most likely the charge.
If the A/C does actually cut off on WOT (IDK if it does or doesnt) then I would submit to you that it is probably something electrical that controls that and is probably something in the ECM when it sees the TPS or PPS at WOT it tells the A/C to cut off. If this were the case, then I would think it coud definitely be something in the tune that is causing the ECM to see WOT and cut the A/C while he is driving. Just my $.02 and IDK if this is even possible but if it works correctly with other tunes then it must be in the tune and he needs to contact Innovative.

·
Registered
255 Posts
when I load a tune mine does the same thing I always start it once shut it off and everything is normal after that. it's been that way forever for my truck

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it still blows just not cold

1 - 17 of 17 Posts