Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying a 2008 CC SB 4x4 but in a XL model. But first I wanted to know if all XL's came with a LSD or if they come standard with a open diff?:doh:

Also, I wanted to know if the road noise was a lot louder because the lack of carpet and back window insulation.

·
Registered
147 Posts
mine has 3.73 LSD

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ive heard the xl's are louder then the xlts and up. But not to much the 6.4 is a pretty quiet motor, im sure you will just hear alittle more wind noise at hiway speeds. As for the limited slip i wouldn't base your choice of truck if one has one or not. The stock unit is horrible and burn up quite easily leaving you still with the one tire fire problem. Best bet is to look into a detroit tru-track.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will chime in here,

Just acquired a '08 Harley F350, and the truck I use at work is a 2010 F350 SRW also in XL trim, vinyl floors/seats ect. It is a tad louder inside do to the lack of carpet and various luxury trim, but not by much. Were it is most noticeable is on the highway, at 115kph (65ish MPH) it does get in more wind/road noise, but if you turn the radio up, it drowns out....Good luck!! :D

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
Mines an XL and i have LSD and the noise is no issue even with an intake 5'' exhaust and 35'' tires

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you are keeping your truck stock... then yes the XL is slightly louder. I have an XLT and when it was stock and compared to my fathers Lariat, mine was only a tad louder with the same style rubber on the wheels. But if your going to be putting an exhaust, intake ect... it will be louder anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts