Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some new tunes for the truck and when i hook up the x3 through a usb to the computer the software wont recognize it. The x3 turns on so i know the cable is good. Any suggestions? Its been a few years since ive downloaded a tune onto the x3.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
try this:

If a Tuner was plugged in before the software was installed it may be necessary to install the drivers manually. A sign of this is if you see Errors coming up when trying to use the functions of the X3/Livewire Updater. “Failed to Write Data” "Connect Livewire" or others.

To Check this out, have the tuner plugged in.

Click on Start/
Then Right Click on My Computer/
Then Hit Properties/
When the System Properties Window Opens Up Click on the Hardware Tab/
Then Click on the Device Manager Button.

Within the Device Manager list, we are looking for an item with a Yellow Exclamation Mark. It may say LIVEWIRE, UPGRADE LOADER, UNKNOWN DEVICE or others.

Right click on the item that has the Yellow Mark on it, and then click on Update Driver.

This will open the FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD. Let it search automatically and install the drivers.

NOTE: This will only work if the software has been installed.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no yellow marks. When i plug the usb cable in nothing pops up saying new hardware found. But the x3 turns on so power is going to it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vista i downloaded the latest version from sctflash.com. I tried to connect the x3 from the mustang cobra and the computer wont recognize. I tried the truck programmer on the laptop and it wouldn't recognize either (originally used for first tune)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it, i used a different cable and it worked!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts