Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shake-N-Bake!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get an inspection sticker today and they told me that they could'nt give me a sticker because i don't have the factory air filter box. WTF is that about?

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
wow! and didnt you put up another thread on how you couldnt wait to drive this truck legally??? after all of this hard work???

·
Shake-N-Bake!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i did. O well. Guess i'll put the factory air intake box back on and try again. Stuff like that really burns me up!!!

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
cant you put in on after the inspection?

·
Shake-N-Bake!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if i can legally, but i'm gonna put it back on anyway.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
they wont pass it if it doesnt have carb #s.

·
Shake-N-Bake!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked the guy why he would'nt give me a sticker and all he could tell me is that it was because it was not stock.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
no, carb #s are normally supplied by the supplier or maker of the aftermarket product. the EPA gives an ok when an aftermarket product is used...

·
Shake-N-Bake!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All i put on there is a round paper filter!

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
and that is whats keeping you from the sticker?

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Try another inspection place. They did not even open the hood on my truck. I did forget to put it in the stock tune. The inspector about crapped his pants on the brake check, when the back end broke loose and started to get sideways.

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
you need to go to another inspection place, because this moron does not know wtf he is talking about. an air box, filter, etc, does nothing but filter the friggin' air going into the damn motor!!!!!! I hate stupid people.:doh:

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
Try another inspection place. They did not even open the hood on my truck. I did forget to put it in the stock tune. The inspector about crapped his pants on the brake check, when the back end broke loose and started to get sideways.
LOL LOL LOL

·
hvac man
498 Posts
I am so glad we dont have inspections here in Indiana. My truck is all stock and would be fine. I see young idiots all the time making smoke every time they hit the pedal so I suppose some day it will all come here too. Good luck with your truck. It looks like a nice ride.:ford:

·
Shake-N-Bake!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks and yea, i'm definitly going somewhere else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts