Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the flo-pro egr delete with the no limit elbow and pipe and I'm getting a P0488,P1000 code which there might be more thats not showing up . I have a livewire fully updated and a custom file. I was told by the tuner that sct only supports blockoff plates not a intake elbow change? Why would sct offer a egr delete option if it doesn't delete the entire function? The truck doesn't run right, I have excessive intake noise, and the truck was surging this morning doesn't seem like the egr is turned off. Can anyone give me some option beside buying a spartan?

thanks

Nick

·
Registered
37 Posts
The SCT only shuts the engine light that the EGR delete causes it does not turn the EGR off, the P1000 is a generic code, will not throw a trouble light, everyone that tunes gets that, the P0488 never heard of that happening, never heard of the truck running bad because of egr delete, may be something else going on

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
P0488 is an EGR related code and is more specifically related to the throttle body.

Description: The intake throttle actuator monitors the status of the intake throttle. If an intake throttle position error is detected, a status message is sent to the powertrain control module (PCM) from the throttle actuator.

Possible Causes:
• ITVC circuit open
• ITVC circuit short to ground
• ITVC circuit short to voltage
• ITVF circuit open
• ITVF circuit short to ground
• Intake throttle return spring
• Intake throttle actuator

Diagnostic Aids: This DTC sets if the intake throttle status message is received from the throttle actuator for an error in throttle position verses desired position, high temperature condition and throttle not returned to open position when commanded, incorrect input signal detected or broken return spring detected.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who is the tuner?
I know my SCT asks if I deleted the EGR when you tune it.
My livewire ask me the samething but you can only use blocker plates not an aftermarket intake elbow which is why I'm having the issue. Eric at innovate can tune your livewire if you send it to him or call spartan from the get go and avoid the bs.

The tuner was RCD that sold me the file.

·
401 Posts
My livewire ask me the samething but you can only use blocker plates not an aftermarket intake elbow which is why I'm having the issue. Eric at innovate can tune your livewire if you send it to him or call spartan from the get go and avoid the bs.

The tuner was RCD that sold me the file.
That is why I asked. Innovative tunes will work. Many have them with EGR deletes.
Contact them and ask them to just email you them.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
You have to have a custom tune written for full egr deletes. The egr disabled selection tool is for blocker plates and/or just to shut off the valve.

·
401 Posts
It was my understanding that Erics files are all for EGR delete, that is why you have to select yes to the "Did you delete the EGR system" when tuning.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Will the minimax work with full egr deletes?
I think you may have to get custom tunes for it also from KEM for everything to work, like the cruise control.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There was a post on another forum by one of the egr delete manufacturers (PMM) that you should be able to "plug in your EGRTB sensor into the harness and zip tie it up, youll be fine!" I hope this is the case.

·
Professional Prick
268 Posts
You may feel free to check out our complete egr delete. It clearly states you must use an h&s or spartan tuner. We are 100% clear that you must use them if you plan on deleting the throttle blade and or removing the valve from the vehicle. We pride ourselves in being clear, and we also offer good deals on people returning livewires and going with different programmers. If you'd like further information feel free to call and I'll explain anything else. Also, please do not bash our customer service, you can ask any other member on here or the army whose dealt with me personally, theres been a drastic change in the way business is handled down there. Thank you.

Jared Rice
Sales & Customer Service
River City Diesel

·
401 Posts
You may feel free to check out our complete egr delete. It clearly states you must use an h&s or spartan tuner. We are 100% clear that you must use them if you plan on deleting the throttle blade and or removing the valve from the vehicle. We pride ourselves in being clear, and we also offer good deals on people returning livewires and going with different programmers. If you'd like further information feel free to call and I'll explain anything else. Also, please do not bash our customer service, you can ask any other member on here or the army whose dealt with me personally, theres been a drastic change in the way business is handled down there. Thank you.

Jared Rice
Sales & Customer Service
River City Diesel
You are correct on an off the shelf programmer, but stating a Livewire wont do it is false. Just ask Mike at KEM and Eric at Innovative.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
You are correct on an off the shelf programmer, but stating a Livewire wont do it is false. Just ask Mike at KEM and Eric at Innovative.
I know Eric has a more advanced version to tune SCT with, and this may be why some of the other sct tuners cant do it

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got off the phone with a Tech @ SCT tech support. He said that the Livewire does shut the EGR function off and that a full delete will work with the SCT canned tines. He said this is the first he has herd of there being an issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
nevermind. Another teck told me no way on the full delete working. Crap! Now i have to beg the wife for custom tunes.

·
Professional Prick
268 Posts
True, and if you read my statement, I never stated that a livewire wont. But a livewire tuned with SCT Live software wont. :) Leave ATI out of the question. Or lets talk in people who just wanted a custom tune emailed, not send off their tuner. Please dont put words in my mouth.

Thanks!

Jared Rice
River City Diesel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts