Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen something like this?
Fuel levels are "trace", silicon levels aren't too bad. I've re-oiled my AFE every few months, contemplating going back to the factory donaldson, at least we know those filter super great.

Any ideas were I should start looking for problems?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
So what is the problem?

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
The problem with the warranty is that it needs to break before the dealer will touch it as far as warranty is concerned. They don't care what your oil analysis says.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Aluminum, chromium and iron are all high.
Trying to understand why. W/ only 3200 miles on the oil and NO fuel, I worry that something is amiss. If something needs repairing, want to do it now under warranty.
I see the analysis now....when I first looked at your post the analysis didn't show.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Aluminum, chromium and iron are all high.
Trying to understand why. W/ only 3200 miles on the oil and NO fuel, I worry that something is amiss. If something needs repairing, want to do it now under warranty.
Where you towing a lot or racing during this period? Like BS said looks like your having some piston wear...

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where you towing a lot or racing during this period? Like BS said looks like your having some piston wear...
Did a few runs, but never towed anything.
Will change the oil this weekend and monitor.

Its a job 1 so maybe its an injector issue? My fuel level seems to be normal and the testing confirms there was only trace amounts.

I'll try to track down a tech to do a CCT and a compression test.
I have a few months left of the 5 year/100k warranty.

I only put on about 5-7k a year so i'd be p$ssed to have 80K out of warranty and have the motor go to [email protected] because of a tsb or recall that should have been handled under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts