Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF!!!!!!!!!! new icp, new ipr, new hpop this thing still runs like crap..... GD, MF, WTF, I don't know what else to do.... anything else? got rid of the defuser! i don't Fin know!!! and i have to be in buffalo New York monday morn for work, still sluggish and smokes like hell... boost is still down a few lbs. checked all sensors and conectors even uner the rocker covers....runs good when its cold but after it warms up and your horse on it at all it starts running like it says

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
fuel pressure?

I must have missed a prior thread of yours, but what color of smoke?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it used to clear up at wot but now it just hazez black, rite after i got all my beans stuff it ran like a raped ape but never did idle worth a crap so i started do a bunch of testing and replaced what it says above... but nothing has changed

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
Were you just throwing parts at it or did you test it to come up with a high pressure oiling problem? Any fuel mods at all? Test your fuel pressure.

You can waste alot of money throwing parts at it when all you need to do is sit back and test all the important functions of the engine. But too look at the bright side of all this you now have a new IPR, ICP sensor, and an HPOP. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in Buffalo. Have you checked the fuel pressure after you modded the regulator? Are you sure you have enough fuel @ WOT?

·
Registered
286 Posts
does it start and run good when cold? Do you have to crank it over more to start it warm then cold?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
had it on a scanner first replaced the ipr because the psi was all over the place and never levaled out... ipr took care of that, then my psi would only spike to 2500 and leval off at 2400psi so i replaced the hpop with adrenaline, then psi spike at 2750 and leval off at 2550psi. so i don't know if that is in the tuning. still getting a 1280 and 1211 code so the only other thing was the icp so i changed that but it did't help the idle and still getting those codes....

it starts the same no matter what even close to 0* outside...

if it wasn't getting enough fuel now at wot will it still smoke like it does...

like i said it ran at wot realy good rite after i got my beans stuff in it... would just puff a black cloud then almost clear up to whear you couldn't see it smokein.

is it posible that my chip is bad?

at wot the smoke is black, at half throttle a grayish black and sometimes when you just goose it a little the smoke is whiteish gray and sometimes at idle it will be white

·
Registered
110 Posts
had it on a scanner first replaced the ipr because the psi was all over the place and never levaled out... ipr took care of that, then my psi would only spike to 2500 and leval off at 2400psi so i replaced the hpop with adrenaline, then psi spike at 2750 and leval off at 2550psi. so i don't know if that is in the tuning. still getting a 1280 and 1211 code so the only other thing was the icp so i changed that but it did't help the idle and still getting those codes....

it starts the same no matter what even close to 0* outside...

if it wasn't getting enough fuel now at wot will it still smoke like it does...

like i said it ran at wot realy good rite after i got my beans stuff in it... would just puff a black cloud then almost clear up to whear you couldn't see it smokein.

is it posible that my chip is bad?

at wot the smoke is black, at half throttle a grayish black and sometimes when you just goose it a little the smoke is whiteish gray and sometimes at idle it will be white
Look the code up here.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts