·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking Friday it was $2.77 Monday it was $2.83 Today its $2.96:eek:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Normal..screw with the gas prices till people get pissed then stop and start on Diesel..they been doing it for years!

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess what is throwing me is it has been steady for so long then just a .20 jump in a matter of days

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
its been hovering around 3$ here for quite awhile now, it went up to like 3.20 for a day or 2 then dropped back to 2.99, been there for about 2-3 weeks now, my parents live about 1.5hours north of me and i can drive up there n buy it for 2.70

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Get back with me in July-August when its hovering in the 4 dollar range again. :doh:
when that happens my dually will be parked, when i bought it i was paying damn near 5$ and ill never pay over 3.99$ to fill it up again, ill start burnin some ruby:evil

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hate to say it but I would love to see those prices here in alaska. Right now we are paying 3.81 a gallon and it has been for over a year now.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Get back with me in July-August when its hovering in the 4 dollar range again. :doh:
If that happens, i guess ill park the truck and start driving my car again, unless I need to pull something. :mad:

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Has anyone on here started making their own fuel? IDK about how much money you actually save but I think It would be an awsome thing to do as far as just a Hobby. Im thinking about selling my bike and buying one of these. My family owns 3 diesel trucks, a diesel bobcat, and a diesel tractor. Might be worth the money in the long run? And I might even sell some to my buddies to cover costs. Thats probably illigal though in some way.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
I was just cussing the price of diesel this morning and I was only filling up my Jetta! $2.99 a gallon this morning. I know my Dmax will need a drink before the weekend too, I wonder if I should hold out a bit and see what the price does.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Well I just did some reading and the price tag on these isnt bad, between 1800 and 4000 dollars with the cost per gallon being around 80 cents, and the only byproduct of making your own BIO Diesel is glycerin... Anyone thinking what Im thinking? lol Where can I obtain some nitrogen.:evil

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
If you watch the price of crude oil it is going up. They are forecasting it to head over $100.00 a barrel again this summer so get ready to bend over on the price of gas and diesel.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Fuel prices will rise in step w/ the economic recovery unfortunately.

I was renting a house to a guy yesterday that hauls piping for the oil companies and he was flat giddy that prices were increasing again as he makes a lot more money that way. Most of us suffer though.

All you can do is buy a very fuel efficient vehicle. My current DD gets 32 mpg and I won't buy a car again until I can get something w/ 200+ hp and 32mpg+. W/ the new fuel economy standards fuel economy is going to jump right up in the very near future.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
be happy you have prices like that! #2 was 2.75-2.80 when i was in flordia and get back to wa. and low and behold 3.40 and 3.50 in a different town,

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
This time last year I was filling up at 1.90 a gallon In so cal

1 - 20 of 28 Posts