Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking but Isuzu has been building truck engines for a while. Maybe this is what the 466 is to the 7.3?

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
I've seen the 7.8L Isuzu called a Duramax before. I'm not sure if it is marketed that way or not.

I do know of a limited amount of V6 Dmaxes that did make it out before the project was scrapped, but have yet to see one in person.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
They are considered a dmax, I did a head, loaded liners, etc on one a couple years ago in a cab over Isuzu. They have an overhead cam and my boss at the time didnt have an liturature on them and put the cam in 180 out the first time. Lucky for him it didn't cause any interference. The CP3 also has an external drive that has slotted holes for adjusting the timing

-Michael

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
They are considered a dmax, I did a head, loaded liners, etc on one a couple years ago in a cab over Isuzu. They have an overhead cam and my boss at the time didnt have an liturature on them and put the cam in 180 out the first time. Lucky for him it didn't cause any interference. The CP3 also has an external drive that has slotted holes for adjusting the timing

-Michael
How does slotted holes on a CP3 pump allow for timing adjustment??? :confused:

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow timming a cp3 is pretty fancy stuff. must be slotted holes to align the canooter valve as well.
I'm still waaaaaaaay outta my league with CR but isnt the idea a constant pump, not timed? Or was this tounge in cheek, aside from the obvious canooter valve?

Either way, that would be a cool swap! :bowfast:

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Forgot to mention the engine position sensor was in there because the cp3 must have been timed with the Camshaft. . .

He tried messing with it and did more damage and good, I heard it didn't run very good when they got it back anyway

-Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts