Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Stupid Kid
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few weeks diesl has done nothin but go up in price. At the local pumps gas a styaed about the same why is that. When I am paying 3.87 Why is gas only 3.01?

·
Registered
58 Posts
well there are allot of factors. long story short our Dollar has went to crap and we cant buy as much oil from the middle east or anywhere Else because the price of oil is 105 bucks a barrel. your going to see prices rise on all kinds of things that is traded on the world market, most if not all commodities are going up and its going to hurt us in the pocket book. market goes down and the commodities market goes up. that is where i would put my money. metals, live stock wheat, and soybeans yep bio diesel is going to get more expensive to make too. hold on boys its going to be a rough ride and isn't going away anytime soon until the Fed reserve can get the value of the dollar back up.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
well there are allot of factors. long story short our Dollar has went to crap and we cant buy as much oil from the middle east or anywhere Else because the price of oil is 105 bucks a barrel. your going to see prices rise on all kinds of things that is traded on the world market, most if not all commodities are going up and its going to hurt us in the pocket book. market goes down and the commodities market goes up. that is where i would put my money. metals, live stock wheat, and soybeans yep bio diesel is going to get more expensive to make too. hold on boys its going to be a rough ride and isn't going away anytime soon until the Fed reserve can get the value of the dollar back up.
Bingo! hopefully gets better in the next 6 months before i get back,LOL Thank god i paid my truck off so i can afford to drive it! Andliving on base will be good, i can ride my bicycle also,LOL

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine just took $131.80 @ 3.57 $/gal. I was lucky to find this gas station. the closest to me was 3.89.

·
Registered
531 Posts
not being a smart a$$, but unless I missed something the question as to why diesel has went up alot more than gasoline has not been answered. I had been thinking the same thing before this thread was started, it wasn't all that long ago that diesel was always about.20 cents cheaper. I realize ULSD has changed that to some degree but why does the difference between gas and diesel keep getting further and further apart?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just paid $3.99 per gallon and it's $4.12 per gallon in town where I work.:doh:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
not being a smart a$$, but unless I missed something the question as to why diesel has went up alot more than gasoline has not been answered. I had been thinking the same thing before this thread was started, it wasn't all that long ago that diesel was always about.20 cents cheaper. I realize ULSD has changed that to some degree but why does the difference between gas and diesel keep getting further and further apart?
Exactly what I was thinking. The answer sounded way more like double speak & smoke and mirrors instead of explaining why Diesel has gone up in price so much and gasoline has stayed about the same.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Basic supply and demand with more diesels on the road today then back in the early 90's when diesel was allot cheaper. in the refining process you get more gas out of a barrel of crude than you do diesel so keep up with the demand of diesel you by nature of the beast get more gas with more gas on the market it becomes cheaper. out of a 42 gallon barrel of crude you only get about 8 gallons of diesel and 22 gallons of gas. this is how it turns out

Finished Motor Gasoline 51.4%
Distillate Fuel Oil 15.3% Diesel
Jet Fuel 12.6%
Still Gas 5.4%
Marketable Coke 5.0%
Residual Fuel Oil 3.3%
Liquefied Refinery Gas 2.8%
Asphalt and Road Oil 1.9%
Other Refined Products 1.5%
Lubricants 0.9%

along with the crap out of the dollar it all ads up. hope this helped or answered some questions.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i just paid 3.93 a gallon it cost me 140 bucks to fill up my truck, and across the street at chevron it was 4.19 a gallon...

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
I got kinda luck last Wednesday I got it for $3.47 a gallon. It's still a rip off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
its 3.67 in houston MO i think its stupid to disel being higher than gas disel has always been cheaper ill turn my ford into a battery powered volwagon.lol

·
Registered
868 Posts
blah blah blah...come to SO CAL..$4.25, $4.19...average is around $4.14

this state is gay...gay, GAY, GAY!!!!!

turbo d you sure you got those facts right? diesel is cheaper to produce...its not as refined?

·
Registered
393 Posts
i personally think the reason diesel is so much higher than gas is because our economy is diesel powered i.e. trucking which pretty much runs our economy anymore i also think you will see us look back to trains more and more its already happening in ohio.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I filled my truck and bed tank on my way home from Bakersfield @ $3.63 around 130 Gallons (ouch) = $443, But it will last 3-4 weeks so hopefully it pays off in the long run.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts