Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
They call me SLIM
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the piece that goes between the rear of a 4x4 transmission and in front of the transfer case. I do not know the correct name for it but I do need a new one. It is for my 96 f-250 4x4. Mine is cracked and I need to replace it immediately. Anyone that has one of these that isn't cracked or messed up I would be interested in buying it. Please let me know. Thank you

·
Master of Disaster
59 Posts
its called an extension housing i can get them from my vendor for ya, it should run about 75 shipped to ya.

·
Master of Disaster
59 Posts
also is it the aluminum or cast i believe all e4od transmissions on the powerstroke had the aluminum from 89 to 97 but im just making sure. and one other thing does it have a speed sensor on top or not?

·
They call me SLIM
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sir I would surely like to get that from you. I'm almost certain it is aluminum. I have no idea about what is on the top of it, it is still in the truck at the moment.

·
Master of Disaster
59 Posts
just shoot me a pm when you pull it and we can get you a new one asap. there is no core on that part but i believe there is a speed sensor on top of it i just want you to be sure. its an easy job i replaced mine on my auto before i did my zf6 swap. also when you go to put it back in use blue locktite on all the bolts and make sure the nuts on flanges of the transfer case are tight they usually crack and leak due to a vibration in the driveline and can cause the transmission to crack (thats why i now have a zf6 in my truck).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts