Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the title really says it all. My Ranger needs to get some relief from being a DD and I've wanted one of these trucks since before I got my license.

Located in KCMO area, but not against traveling. Just want it to be clean. Dirt, scratched paint, no problem. But I want to keep this truck for a lot of years, no rust would be preferable. Been searching craigslist and everything I can find within 350 miles is sold except for one in Minnesota, which has body rust.

(Link here if you are interested: 1997 Ford F-250)

I have no preference whether it's been used to tow or haul if it has been well maintained. Not worried about making it all hopped up and fast, just want a reliable full size truck that I won't have to worry about for a while. Under 200k miles preferred. I also want an automatic, already have a few sticks and want something I can rest my left leg with.

If you have one, or are able to find one, please PM me on here or post below. I will be checking my e-mail daily for notices and can give you my e-mail / phone number via PM if you prefer that.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I want one with sports mirrors. I want to be able to drop the turn signal Bronco mirrors on it without leaving extra holes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
why a 250 and not a 350? just curious

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right. The 350 of the OBS came with a solid axle under the front but it only came in CCLB configuration. That's just too unweildy for me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
oh okay i did not know that, good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still looking. Have not seen anything posted here so I added a quick TL;DR for those new people browsing!

F-250 CCSB 7.3 4x4. Sport mirrors, not looking for a massive lift or big tires. Not wanting to deal with rust. Well serviced or at least be honest about what needs to be done soon. Want a strong reliable OBS.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Here is one in the ST Louis area. Ive been looking at, but have a deal on another truck right now. He just emailed me and said he would take 10K for it.

1997 F250 Crew with 7.3

·
Registered
95 Posts
That one on craigslist is a decent deal, the add says 9200 now. I love my CCSB F350. I say f350 because I made it grow up :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Here is another one in the St Louis area. Not an Auto though.
I test drove it last week. Rides like a brand new truck, all nice and
tight, and rust free. Does have a bad oil leak up in the valley, but I didnt have the time to look into it to see where it was coming from. Its pretty clean, I didnt buy cause Im wanting another longbed. He is now asking $8600

1997 powerstroke crew cab

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm selling mine, not an auto but it's from texas and has no rust on the body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts