Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
They call me SLIM
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TW 6 position chip is messin up and I need to replace the chord that the knob is attached to. Does anyone have another cable and knob? My chip itself is fine but the cable is cut and f'd up and Id like to get a replacement one.
Shoot me with anything that you may have and a price that you're looking to get for it.
Thanks

·
They call me SLIM
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did call him three times and left a message twice, but I know he is very busy so I still haven't heard back from him and this was last thursday when I called. I checked out DP-Tuner's website and found that they have a 8 ft cord. Does anyone know if it will hook up the same way that the current one does? A little longer chord would be great for mounting it in a different location.
DP-EX 8ft Cable Assembly: DP Tuner

·
They call me SLIM
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know what gauge the wires are inside the chord?
Ive got an idea and I can just fix this cable myself but I don't want to get the wrong gauge wire.

·
Registered
198 Posts
tony sells them for $50.. Im about to get one from him too. I messed mine up.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
does anyone know what gauge the wires are inside the chord?
Ive got an idea and I can just fix this cable myself but I don't want to get the wrong gauge wire.
wire is wire in this case. use any size you want. all it is is a low voltage signal, the gauge of wire wont matter

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
If you are repairing it, I would suggest a chunk of CAT5 wire. It is small, it has 4 twisted pairs. And already has an outer jacket covering everything up. It would only take a bit of heat shrink to cover the repairs.

·
They call me SLIM
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are repairing it, I would suggest a chunk of CAT5 wire. It is small, it has 4 twisted pairs. And already has an outer jacket covering everything up. It would only take a bit of heat shrink to cover the repairs.
Can I get this at Radio Shack? That would make it look sleek

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
The smaller the wire the easier it will be to solder to the terminals and the less heat you will have to put on it to solder them on. The wire size for the factory switch lead is 26 gauge.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Cat5 is 28, pretty close.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts