Enjoy oh any ideas This has realty got me
Scratching my head
Lee

Sorry see be low it didn't work

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Wrong kind if whine

I've got a similar whine to that also. I just replaced my alternator and was hoping that was the source of the noise but you say you removed the belt and you still have the noise. I also suspected my HPOP but I hope to hell its just my alternator. I don't notice the whine on mine at an idle just when I'm moving down the highway. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Re: Wrong kind if whine

Where does it sound like its coming from again?
On edit: Just listened to it. Thats odd..

·
Registered
959 Posts
That's an odd sound. Sounds like a gear/ bearing winding down. Does the Rpms drop faster than they did before? Doesn't sound like a whining to me, sounds like resistance somewhere. If you still haven't come across any answers drop your oil, check for metal flakes..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure if you have an ac drive belt that's seperate... I do on my 6.4 and I had the bearing on the tensioner pulley for that belt litterally separate into 2 prices .... When it did the whining stopped... So it's either the pulley bearing which I'm assuming made the whine or it's the a/c compressor making the noise... Just a thought for your situation cause it sounded like it was coming from my upper passenger side of the motor as well... Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts