Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did my oil change and all that then moved onto fuel filters. I did the frame rail filter first, popped the new one in. moved to the hood took that lid off WTF!?!?!?!?! I have a little tiny filter left over and the one I pulled out is huge. Look up part numbers, they sold me 4616 and looks like i need 4617. My question is, is the frame rail filter on the 6.0s and 6.4s different? if not ill just leave it in and change the top one, b/c that one underneath is a pain in the butt!! Let me know asap guys thanks

·
Administrator
32,972 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
The frame filter is the same between the 6.0 and 6.4 so your good there. It's just the engine filter is much bigger on our 6.4.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you 100% sure man? I mean they look Identical without a doubt. But ive talked to a few ford guys including Eric from Innovative and he said they may flow differently but no ones seems to sure about it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I'm speaking of just looking at it visually. Flow numbers might be a different story. Do you need the truck tomorrow? If not maybe you can return both the filters in that kit and get the correct kit for ours and then there will be no question.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The primary filter for the 6.0 and 6.4 are identical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts