Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was driving My 2006 f250 home noticed the wrench icon was illuminated on my dash pulled into the driveway shut it off turned the truck back on no light took it for a drive light came back on. Tried pulling codes with my sct tuner nothing would come up. My eot vs ect was only max 9 degrees apart seems no loss of power. I just did fuel filters and a blue spring upgrade the check engine light does not come on just the wrench icon could it be something with transmission. I hate taking anything to the dealership but maybe there computer can pull something up.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,223 Posts
you need to download Forscan Lite to a smartphone and buy the corresponding OBDII adapter. It is a great code reader and can pull all the engine parameters. The SCT tuner is not very good at pulling codes.

Things that can throw the wrench light:

Battery voltage below 9.5V will cause delayed/hard starts. Below 8V (WSM) and it will not start. IIRC, you will get a wrench light.​
FICM low voltage detection monitor - DTC P0560 stored and wrench warning lamp illuminated when PCM vehicle power (VPWR) parameter identifier (PIDS) is below 10.25V for 60 seconds or below 9V for 4 seconds.​
Defuel at 28.6 psig boost (possibly also need to be at or above 75 mph also) DTC P0234 - Wrench light for 2005 - 2007 F-series engines (and 2008 - 2010 E series) TSB 09-24-3​
PCM vehicle power (VPWR) is below 10.25V for 60 seconds or below 9V for 4 seconds (DTC P0560) - Wrench light​
DTC P012F stored and wrench warning lamp illuminated when the oil coolers efficiency drops below a specified threshold for a given speed and vehicle load condition - Wrench light​

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stopped at a at a shop this morning the codes that came up had something to do with the pedal position sensor that what I was told. Didn’t know that would trip the wrench light

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,223 Posts
That's a new one on me!

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
All that icon means is that there is a code set that needs to be retrieved and checked.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,223 Posts
Yes, but Ford has a specific list of things that set that particular light off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts