·
Administrator
8,674 Posts
hiding!!

·
IDI Dude
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I see that! Guess they sold their IDI's... I got mine in March of 2008. They really are dependable trucks, built back in the day when Ford cared more about longevity...

I do my own wrenching because there aren't any more mechanics to be found who knows these trucks... They either died or retired... I know of two from Oilburners that have left us... It's a shame all of that vast knowledge is gone...

Wonder why I can't see my sig?

·
IDI Dude
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I see my sig now... Must have needed more posts or something... Still can't see the edit button though...

·
Administrator
8,674 Posts
i got my first one back in 86. i still have 88. it has 496,000 miles on it. still need the cab put on it though.
i sold the other 6 IDI trucks when i closed the business.
i have a powerstroke, and a new 6.2 powered new truck to use for daily driving. .

·
IDI Dude
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't GMC stop production in '93 or were you talking about Ford's new 6.7?:poke: J/K :D

·
Administrator
8,674 Posts
2014 ford F-250 with the 6.2 gas engine.

·
IDI Dude
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, you got me! I always thought that once you go diesel, there was no going back...

On the other hand, I'm hearing alot of complaints about the 6.0, the 6.4 and even the 6.7, so I couldn't blame you there.

·
Administrator
8,674 Posts
i would not own a 6.oh no or a 6.4 if it was free. the 6.7 on the other hand is a really good platform, but way too expensive for my blood.
i paid $21,000 for the gas job with 92k miles. the same truck with diesel would have been at least $45,000.
i really was not looking for another truck, but the 02 was starting to show it's age with 194,000 on it, and the price was rite on the 14.
the fact i also just had knee replacement and was having back problems sealed the deal, as the 14 rides like a car to the 02's riding like a tank .

Reactions: aussamdad

·
don't play well w others
4,257 Posts
He'll wear the springs and shocks down to the rubber bumpers on the new one too...…..

Reactions: tjctransport

·
Registered
124 Posts
I still have two IDI , a 90 4x4 bought a couple of years ago that has turned out to be a fairly good truck , and a 93 factory turbo dually that I have used for my heavy hauler for my equipment trailer hauling my 15k Genie man lift. Have had it since 06. Had to build a wide ratio transmission for it to make it a good hauler.

Also have a E-99 PSD 4x4 dually that I really like.

·
don't play well w others
4,257 Posts
Ya. Saw it in the other place. Funny
I think you should post it for Ken

I betcha he would poo his panties

·
Administrator
8,674 Posts
nope, no way. i will leave that for you to do.

·
don't play well w others
4,257 Posts
Nope. I barely go there, and then just to aggravate him.

·
Administrator
8,674 Posts
and that is exactly why YOU should post it. i bet it would make steam come out his ears!!

·
don't play well w others
4,257 Posts
He told me one more like the last one, and I would be joining graywolf.
Not that I care, the site is failing miserably anyway.

·
PSN intsigator
7,044 Posts
Maybe I should post it, but then I would have to end my boycott of that place

·
don't play well w others
4,257 Posts
You go in there, and see the one he posted of the guy peeing in his own mouth, you'll sign back out.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts