Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive(ok my wife) has had the ex for a year and I never really looked to see if I had the rear swaybar, well I didnt untill tonight. All I can say is why did ford build one without? Also how can I tell if I have modded springs like everyone talks about? I know that there is an extra leaf in the rear and it does sit higher than spec, checked our alignment book spec at work and its about an inch and a half in the front and inch in the rear if i remember. Now all I need to do is get new shocks, fix my poor fuel mileage and fix the rear end chatter when i turn ince i start to accelarate. Just wanted to put my fix on the swaybar. And to anyone that hasnt done it, DO IT!!! it all bolts right on. I got mine off of an 02 dually! It took a total of 30 mins, including removeing it from the donar truck.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
If I had to guess any X sitting higher than spec at this point has to have the springs swapped out. The sway is great isn't it. People do not know until they do it. Now give OBSWIZ Cary of CT Performance a call and pick up some of his custom valved blistens specifically valved for the X.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
my moms is an 05 can i get one off any 99-04 truck or does it need to be after 05. i know they didnt change the the front suspension to the 05 because they were dicontinuing it and didnt want to make the changes. whenever i drive it feels feels like its just gonna fall over. my dad is wanting to sell it because of that.

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
my moms is an 05 can i get one off any 99-04 truck or does it need to be after 05. i know they didnt change the the front suspension to the 05 because they were dicontinuing it and didnt want to make the changes. whenever i drive it feels feels like its just gonna fall over. my dad is wanting to sell it because of that.
Just make sure it is a 30mm one....you can buy it new from FORD for about $120 I believe...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Any 30mm..99-07 , 08 they changed to a silly little rear mounted sway bar

·
Registered
76 Posts
Will it work on an Ex w/ 6"-8" lift??? If so I may be interested in the one you have Tank.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Just make sure its 30mm it will bolt right up. You can get longer drop links or cut and sleave-weld them

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Tank is it 30mm?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
My gut is its a 30mm but a pair of calipers would tell the tail. I thought all the AD 05 up were 30 mm but can not recall where I saw that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can some one please post a pic of this installed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
30mm=1.25"=-

Look at any ford SD 99-07 it looks the same as their rear sway bar

1 - 20 of 24 Posts