Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to haul a John Deere 310 its an older model without the enclosed cab or extended boom. I have a 2007 Load max hd gooseneck that im going to put it on behide a 99 f350. What do these tractors weigh?
Chancey

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm gonna guess the backhoe weighs 15k-17k pounds. (2wd model) A dual wheel truck will handle it no problem. If you are hauling with a SRW truck then loading weight on the trailer correctly is critical.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the guy said it weighs around 12,500 Ive hauled a mini yanmar excavator on a smaller 20ft bri-mar deck over before. it weighed in at 11,400.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the truck is a single rear wheel fyi.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Roll out with it, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my trailer isnt a dual wheel hd, it should handle it though...like it was stated..loading the weight will be critical to make it a nice haul.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Load it just like it is in that pic and you're good. They haul a lot more than that around here. I saw a D-max pulling a 40'r the other day with 2x2 stacked round bales, I counted 28.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Forgot to mention, that truck had air bags with over 100 psi in them in that pic. And she was still squatting. That hoe weighs a little more than the JD though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just for your info I have hauled many JD 310s and some have weighed over 18,000. That can be a lot of weight on some trailers.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
We've got 2 310's at work, i've hauled them just fine with my truck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ive hauled a full cab JD 410G with a SRW F350 I cant say it wasn't a hard load to pull but it did it, tranny got petty hot though. loading it right will make a huge difference, I use a 35' dual axle dual wheel trailer and set the rear axle of the back hoe between the two trailer axles, but it may work better another way on yours. Good Luck!:D

·
Registered
533 Posts
If the trailer can handle the weight it's no problem for the truck. I just hualed Cat 416B 4x4 cab, 14,400lbs. I used a 32ft 20k gooseneck.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Dad hauls his 580SL with a very similar setup, his 99 F350 had to get 19.5's as he started to bubble tires. He has hauled it quite a bit with no other issues.

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem, just make sure you load it right, make sure your trailer is rated for that weight and probably 3-4k of the weight will be tranfered to the truck when figuring the trailer rating so your trailer probably only needs a net rating of probably about 10k. You need to find out what the trailer weighs empty and subtract that from the axle rating on the trailer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We haul a 416B cat all the time with my 2000 f250. We live in the hills, keep the trailer brakes adjusted good and everything is fine. BTW the truck is stock w/automatic, it pulls decent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts