Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Would you ever own another 6.0?

• Yes they are the best truck over. I understand it better than my wife

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I would buy another one if the deal was right.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Never again. I trust it enough to let my mother in law drive it out to death valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am done with diesels all together

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what your thoughts were. I realize I will get a semi biased opinion here. Long story here but I had one, got a smaller truck, traded for a Subaru, crashed it into a wall and now have money and want a truck. I found a good deal on a 6.0 flatbed dually, but not sure if I want the expense of maintenance. I think a v10 will do everything I want, pull my side by side and a travel trailer mostly. Just wondering your opinions. Thanks

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would not be my daily driver. This one is an 03 xlt dually 4x4 4 door with around 158k on it. All new injectors and head studs, but the studs were swapped out one by one. A little nervous about that. Anyway it looks clean and he is asking 9500. I plan on putting maybe 10k a year on it tops. In reality probably closer to half that, almost all in the summer time, occasionally driving it in the winter.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Maybe if it was an 05+ V10. other ten that the 03 6.0 are the best ones.

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The v10 I was looking at was an 08 with around 120k. I am not sure how good they pull, just would enjoy the cheaper maintenance.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,867 Posts
The v10 I was looking at was an 08 with around 120k. I am not sure how good they pull, just would enjoy the cheaper maintenance.
i don't see how you could loose either way if you're using it as a 2ndary vehicle.

& why would studs be replaced one at a time?? lol

·
Registered
747 Posts
If the heads aren't blown no sense in pulling them and breaking the seal of the head gaskets. So they pull a stock bolt and install a stud one by one then torque them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
211 Posts
That might work on a 7.3 but not on a 6.0. Your just asking for trouble on a 6leaker

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He said the Ford dealer he bought it from did it that way 40k miles ago. I was going to hook my modis up to it and check the delta on the oil cooler to see if there was any issues there. The truck doesn't have anything done besides what was mentioned. No egr delete or anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts