Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys buy a truck that was chipped, had an exhaust, intake, gauges and all that stuff if you didn't know the owner personally? Or is that something you want to stay away from? here's the ad. Let me know please just wondering.

99 Ford f-250 Lariat Powerstroke 136000 miles the trans has only 20000 miles on it with suncoast shift kit. AFE air intake 4in turbo back exhaust with 6in tip. TS 6 position chip.pillar gauges (trans temp/exh temp/boost) ladder bars. 20in XD diesel series rims with 35in Nitto Mud Grapplers. I have the stock rims they have 285/75/16 toyo open countrys. both sets of tires are in great shape

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I wouldn't really be afraid of it. If the price is right, it would save you a considerable amount of money. Just drive the truck and inspect everything very closely.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Well, its not steal by any means, but I think thats a fair deal considering what you are getting. I would say drive it and inspect if closely, and do what you think is best.

Also, is this a younger guy or an older guy? You probably already know that younger people tend to drive a lil harder than someone older. LOL

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know how old haven't talked to him yet. just found it online and was wondering if its a good or bad thing to do.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Oh okay. I would definately follow up on it. Post a link to the ad.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Yeah. It doesnt look like a bad truck overall. Loose some of the chrome and whatnot, but yes, you should get some more pictures.

I

·
0 Posts
It's a shot in the dark.. One thing to look at is the oil pan on the 7.3.. There where many that had a problem with them rotting out. (costly repair) if you don't wrench it yourself. Look for leaks. Drive it, makes sure it shift's okay. Get it good and hot and make sure all the gauges are in the normal range. Seeing it's your first diesel, keep in mind repairs on any diesel are expensive. If possible bring it to someone that knows Powerstrokes. You have one thing going for ya. It's a 7.3. They are a reliable motor.. The only thing that would concern me is the lift and tires on that truck.. Could be a young guy that raced it weekly and beat the snot out of it, or could be a young guy that loved his truck and took real care of it.. Hard tellin not knowin..
Hope this helps..

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
U might need new hubs soon. i would lift on front tire and see if there is any play.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
I would call him and talk to him. Ask if he is a member of any forums where you can see more pictures. I would suspect that he is a member of PSN or other website. Drive the truck and inspect it closely.

I wouldn't be too concerned to call the guy and see.

Sam

1 - 20 of 28 Posts