Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transmission control module in my truck is supposedly toasted..and I drove it into the Ford Stealership this morning

Here is the story..had a problem trying to run a black maxx, and a banks speedbrake product on my truck together. Banks said to get the truck reflashed, so I did last week. Left the dealership and my ABS light pops on within a few minutes, figure its due to oversize tires, no big deal, right??

Try to upload the H&S, and it does not work. Call customer service and they walk me through and we get the tuner loaded up and working. Re set for tire size, and ABS stays on, speedbrake still doesn't work.. (unrelated, got it figured out now sort of).

Try to re scan my truck at a private shop the other day, and get Vin code errors and the like.. Call Bentley at H&S, and he says that the reflash had a problem, so I need to go back to the dealer and get a second reflash.

So I do, and Ford cannot get the TCM re programmed, diagnoses that it is fried and I need a new one. They want me to pay for it, because (of course) its the aftermarkets fault.

I politely explained (ok, maybe not so politely) to the service jackass and said jackasses manager that everything on my truck worked fine until they fuggered it up. The only variable is the morons at Ford.

They discuss, back pedal, say that they are going to give me the benefit of the doubt, said they "could" have caused the issue, so now they are going to fix it on their dime

End Rant.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
did you have the tuner still installed on the truck when it got reflashed?
when the the dealer reflashes the trucks, it changes strategys both transmission and engine to fords latest flashes...at least that is my understanding.
if you had the tuner (H&S) still installed it could be a possibility that the truck isnt recognizing it. the same thing happend with a programmer i had for my wheels...i had to pay XX amount of $ for them to reflash on the programmer side.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you have the tuner still installed on the truck when it got reflashed?
when the the dealer reflashes the trucks, it changes strategys both transmission and engine to fords latest flashes...at least that is my understanding.
if you had the tuner (H&S) still installed it could be a possibility that the truck isnt recognizing it. the same thing happend with a programmer i had for my wheels...i had to pay XX amount of $ for them to reflash on the programmer side.
I had it turned to stock with the first reflash. Then H&S had to give me some code to make it work after the reflash...

when we tried to uninstall the tuner after the second time to see if it was interfering with the scan tool is when we got vin error codes and all kinds of funky stuff.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It would not start if it was truely toast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts