Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck shudders only under light accelleration emty or while the truck is loaded or towing. I found a couple cracks this morning while checking the TC mounting bolt torque. Cracks are where the flexplate bolts to the crank. I have had this vibration for over a year. Only happens at the base of hills and I can throttle out of it. When the truck is empty it is pretty random when loaded it's pretty consistant.

Also, what other damage could have been done driving it for over a year like this?

I was planning on starting my move Wednesday but that may now be delayed. Where do I get a new flexplate?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yep, it could cause it. If you don't change it, it might end up looking like this:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a similar issue but I have been leaning towards clutches slipping...

·
Registered
165 Posts
My truck just lost the flexplate. I had shudder too. Fix it before you lose a tranny! The vibration isn't good for your tranny.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I lost the flywheel in my pickup. Its in the shop getting fixed right not. I purchased a used flywheel off of ebay for $40. Mine had a loud grinding noise while in park or neutral that would fade away as the RPM's were brought up. It was frickin LOUD.

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it could cause it. If you don't change it, it might end up looking like this:

Mine was probably only a couple days from looking like that. Mine seemed more jagged and was holding on by about 3/4". I also found that my transfer case was being held on by one loose bolt! I'll get a test drive in tomorrow since I need to take my parents to the airport(I'm taking the wife's van).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts