Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flushed my coolant today using Gooch method on the search great write up. But im know getting a small drip from what seems to be coming from the heater box in the engine compartment? But heat works fine. Is it possible the heater core is bad. If so how hard is it to replace on an 2002 f250

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
You might have knocked some scale loose that was plugging a rotted hole. If you have
A/C it'll take you longer to get your tools together and put them away and burp the system after you're done than it will to do the actual core removal. Remove the glove box, then there's 6 or 8 screws that hold the cover on. Done.

Note: A trick I learned in Vietnam to make the air purging easier is putting a tee petcock or even one of those cheapie Prestone flush tees in the heater core line to open up and let air escape. Works a lot faster than burping the cap

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the help! I'm goanna do some more diagnosis today. So in these truck you don't have to take the entire dash out like on other vehicles?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Give the gove box a squeeze on the sides and it should flip down.
take a peak.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Ok thanks for the help! I'm goanna do some more diagnosis today. So in these truck you don't have to take the entire dash out like on other vehicles?
The Super Duty is hands down the easiest vehicle to do a heater core on. No worries.

Only word of caution, when you call for the replacement ask if you're getting a brass or aluminum core... The one you have in there is brass.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Wow, I didnt know the superduty had an access hole there. Ive always dreaded the day mine goes. Now I dont have to worry about that anymore.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Make sure its empty...it dumps quick...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts