Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tossing around ideas here but am looking for a way out of working my life away for someone else. With this in mind, what would one expect to invest for a motor swap?
How do you inspect the transmission for damage from potential improper hot rodding?

https://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-ford-f250-powerstroke/6262565396.html

What would you pay for this vehicle once the swap was completed correctly?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would look at the truck first and if anything offer 2000 since it's not running. Pull the transmission dip stick out and smell the fluid and if it smells burnt transmission is probably on the way out. If the body isn't bad probably closer to 8k or 10k. You can find a used engine for about 3k to 6k you can find them on the internet I just found one on eBay for 1,900

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,397 Posts
I do not think it would be worth it. You'll plan it out in your head that you'll spend x amount getting it running, but its likely going to be notably more. You'll run into problems and wish you could hit the rest button. I would save up my $$ and buy a nice 6.0 that wasn't a work truck and has fewer miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts