Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
green member
297 Posts
For as many passes as they have on the race truck, i would say its the last motor the average person would have to build, i would do it.

LOL...but the thing about it is....most of the blown engines on this forum usually happen when cruising easily with no load.:eek:

How many street driven miles are on the "race" truck?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Im sure it has some street miles on it, after all it was licensed to be on the street and i even heard stories of it breaking the tires loose at freeway speeds.:bowfast:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've seen it go out side ways in a youtube video... I was dumb founded, and this was before I knew it was WOP's truck haha.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
LOL...but the thing about it is....most of the blown engines on this forum usually happen when cruising easily with no load.:eek:

It has alot of street miles everyones wants a ride ya know.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
i guess i still don't see $4k there. my heads have the valves, WOP hardened seats, new guides, 3 angle valve job, new freeze plugs, decked, cleaned, new injectors cups.... so all they have is hi-rev springs and fire rings that i haven't done yet... definitely not a $2500 difference. LoL. just saying, the same head work can be done cheaper IMO. Sure they do great work, but damn, $4k for something that hasn't even had the runners touched.....
There are many differences in the amount of porting/polishing you can do to a set of heads that can make that difference. The porting/polishing alone on the heads on the Pumpkin were $3k+. And that didn't include parts or coating.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts