Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys does this seem like good del to yall WOP Long Block Includes Billet Rods, Aftermarket Pistons With Lower Compression, WOP Girdle, WOP Main Studs, WOP Head Studs, WOP Fire Rings, Rebuilt Heads with New Valves and Guides, Hardened Valve Seats, WOP Intake Plenums, WOP High Performance Valve Springs, New Oil Pan and New Low Pressure Oil Pump. Motor will be balanced and blue printed.

$15,600

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
They can cryo it too.

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
is this from wide open or some other source?

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's from WOP I believe, and it always seemed like a good deal to me. And a quick way to have a solid building block to start on.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
add everything up individually and add 1500-2000 on top of that for machine work and see where that sits. Personally, i think thats a bit high.

just guessing off the top of my head id say there's 8-9k worth of parts there, then figure 1500-2000 to worth of labor and machine work for a total of 10000-11000. I dont know where they are getting another 4.5-5k worth of stuff at.

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey guys does this seem like good del to yall WOP Long Block Includes Billet Rods, Aftermarket Pistons With Lower Compression, WOP Girdle, WOP Main Studs, WOP Head Studs, WOP Fire Rings, Rebuilt Heads with New Valves and Guides, Hardened Valve Seats, WOP Intake Plenums, WOP High Performance Valve Springs, New Oil Pan and New Low Pressure Oil Pump. Motor will be balanced and blue printed.

$15,600
If you've got any specific questions on our Performance 7.3L Long Blocks we'd be happy to answer them. That price gets you a motor identical to that of which we run in our shop race truck, that has been supporting 800+hp for over 5 years now. All motors built in-house also undergo our in-house cryo treatment. You'll basically recieve an engine ready to accept your injectors, high pressure oil pump, and turbo set-up. The motor should be more than capable of supporting whatever fuel or nitrous you throw at it.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
just can't see dropping $15k on something that doesn't have fuel, air, or oil yet... not sure how much u would save by starting with your own block, but you could always look up all those parts and figure out what it would cost you to build that, just using your block..

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
There is about $4000 in the heads. Hardened seats, guides, performance valves, hi-rev valve springs, chromoly pushrods, machine work for fire rings, etc...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
There is about $4000 in the heads. Hardened seats, guides, performance valves, hi-rev valve springs, chromoly pushrods, machine work for fire rings, etc...
Sounds like good stuff, but you didn't answer my question.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Didn't see your post Anthony. Porting would cost extra. WOP also offers a race cam profile and custom piston machine work.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Is all of this with or without a core swap? For the fire rings is it only the heads or both head and block that's milled for the rings?

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
don't no what kind of machine work y'all did, but i just got done with my heads. they are polished, hardened seats(WOP), guides, harder valves, chromoly pushrods, took .015 off, new injector cups, and comp 910 springs. i don't even have $1500 in my heads, but i plan to use h-rev springs probably instead of the comp 910's. Just curious what is making y'alls cost $4000????????

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
don't no what kind of machine work y'all did, but i just got done with my heads. they are polished, hardened seats(WOP), guides, harder valves, chromoly pushrods, took .015 off, new injector cups, and comp 910 springs. i don't even have $1500 in my heads, but i plan to use h-rev springs probably instead of the comp 910's. Just curious what is making y'alls cost $4000????????
The cost of their parts. $785 for the Hmax spring kit, $600 for Hmax exhaust valves, pushrods are $325, the fire ring kit is $500 plus machining. Then you've got cleaning, decking, injector cup R&R, freeze plug R&R, new intake valves, 3 or 5 angle valve job, valve seats and guides. I can see how it all adds up, time and quality cost money.

Now that's not to say what you had done was performed cheaply, what they do just uses alot of parts that cost alot. As Jacob said before, this is built the same as the engine in their F350, it's built to the hilt.

I am a bit suprised though that the price does not include at least mildly cleaned up ports.

Dave

·
Plays with Motors
611 Posts
When you're building race engines, parts are expensive and so is the labor - there is a lot more time and $$$ involved in the machine work and assembly when you're building a motor that's not totally stock.

I put 15 hours($1500) in just labor/machine time to build a set of performance 7.3L heads - with parts it's ~ $4000

Honing block $240
Decking $120
Line Hone w/girdle & studs $300
Balancing $350
Short block assembly $1200

Good work is not cheap.

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
Good work is not cheap.[/QUOTE]

^ This... and, correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe they just dropped that same motor { out of the old race truck } into a pro street truck. It's still running and it's never been into IIRC.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
chit if i still had a ford and had 15k it sounds like a deal to me. either that or you can keep havin to tear the motor back down every time you turn around to rebuild work that could have been done right the first time. its a proven setup proven to keep takin beatings and askin for more. the only real question is what else could you ask for

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Give a couple of the other sponsors here a call and see what they charge. I am not naming names but I was quoted almost 30K. But that did come with injectors and HPO system. Seems like a really good deal with WOP.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
The cost of their parts. $785 for the Hmax spring kit, $600 for Hmax exhaust valves, pushrods are $325, the fire ring kit is $500 plus machining. Then you've got cleaning, decking, injector cup R&R, freeze plug R&R, new intake valves, 3 or 5 angle valve job, valve seats and guides. I can see how it all adds up, time and quality cost money.

Now that's not to say what you had done was performed cheaply, what they do just uses alot of parts that cost alot. As Jacob said before, this is built the same as the engine in their F350, it's built to the hilt.

I am a bit suprised though that the price does not include at least mildly cleaned up ports.

Dave
i guess i still don't see $4k there. my heads have the valves, WOP hardened seats, new guides, 3 angle valve job, new freeze plugs, decked, cleaned, new injectors cups.... so all they have is hi-rev springs and fire rings that i haven't done yet... definitely not a $2500 difference. LoL. just saying, the same head work can be done cheaper IMO. Sure they do great work, but damn, $4k for something that hasn't even had the runners touched.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts