Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995,f350 turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my 1995 7.3 turbo out to replace a bunch of parts like oil cooler , timing gear, cover ,front seal ,motor mounts, when put back in plugged every wire back in now won't start getting fuel as should just injectors don't seem to feed cylinders will start by spraying wd40

·
Registered
1995,f350 turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pulled my 1995 7.3 turbo out to replace a bunch of parts like oil cooler , timing gear, cover ,front seal ,motor mounts, when put back in plugged every wire back in now won't start getting fuel as should just injectors don't seem to feed cylinders will start by spraying wd40
Also used high pressure oil pump off parts motor if that is not working properly would that cause motor not to start

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
For one thing you now have air in the high pressure oil system and it is going to take a lot of cranking to start the engine. Then once started it is going to run rough until you get it out onto the highway and go for a good drive to purge all that air out.

To help you can pull all of the glow plugs and pull #9 fuse under the hood. Then crank on the starter until you hear the high pressure oil pump load up. Then replace the glow plugs and the #9 fuse and try to start.

Just keep a battery charger on the batteries and don't burn out the starter by cranking too much

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts