Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My IDI wont start anymore, i ran it outa diesal by mistake (since my gages dont work) put 10 bucks in it and it hasnt started since. now thats been two weeks ago sence then ive taken both tankx down cleaned them blown air threw the line to clean them out even tho they were fine,and even changed my fuel filter. after rebleading the line ive got fuel all the way to the injector and my glow plugs are not even a month old and its not startn. but if i spray a lil starter fluid it fires up but reves to holly hell. whats the deal???? anybody..

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Air in the system.

Grab a 5/8 wrench and crack all the injector lines loose, then crank it for 15 seconds while holding the accelerator to the floor. Let starter cool for 1 minute and repeat until fuel is squirting out of all the fuel lines. Reconnect all lines and fire her up.

Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got good pressure in the lines all the way up to and outa the injectors. my buddy did take the inj pump top cover appart and it had little shavings in it. how would i know if my inj pump is bad?? who rebuilds the inj pumps? i have two of them mabe i could make one good one.

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
well, if the top of the injector pump was removed and not put back on properly, it is time for a rebuilt pump, because the one on there is now toast.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Try putting more fuel in the tank, if it's too low it has to work over time to draw fuel up if it's empty. After that if you are getting fuel at the lines & it's still not starting it's time to look at the pump like TJ said.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang!!! ok so i need a new pump.. who has one or knows how to rebuild one in or around Fl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts