Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just got AE It will not connect to my 97, but hooks right up to my old mans 99? Checked DLC pin 16 is getting battery voltage, pin 4 (chassis ground) showed 180 OHMS with key on, 4 OHMS KOFF ran a new ground direct to battery, no change. No voltage drop on ground. Pin 5 (signal ground) has 2.5 OHMS KOff and 7.5 OHMS key on. Any ideas here guys?

I called autoE he ran me through a bunch of stuff and thinks it is truck related which I believe 100%, but what would cause this

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
They aren't I don't think. I know I have hooked to several OBS' and there were differences. I bet there's nothing wrong with the truck, you're just going to have to play with the settings, or go to the 97 forum and see if someone can help you right away....
I know the cylinder contribution test is much "Better" in my opinion for them, (Only reason is you can HEAR each cylinder getting shut down, there are distinct sound differences when it's doing it) With the 99s and up, you just have to trust it's working! LOL

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Get a Snapon MT2500

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Settings were all good. Meant to update this. Had to unhook the batteries and reconnect. Worked fine. Disconnected to install my HIDS and put it back on and now it wont connect again..

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
snap on mt2500 does me no good also because they quit making updates for them..

·
Registered
46 Posts
my 96 is very finnicky...I have to plug things in different orders to get it to connect but it always does eventually

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
All I know is the 94.5's BEG pcm code were not OBDII, but can be flashed for it. Have not come across 95-97 not being OBD II complainant. But you could have "the one"

At a point someone has changed the computer out with the wrong one. Probably what is going on here with the PCM. Check the DPC code. I'll can tell you if this is what happened.

You could always get it flashed to be OBDII

Diane

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
computer has been changed once but from tde1 to tde1. 97 only PCM. Is there a set order to plug it in? anyone know?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone is still wondering. Hit f4 select the PWM and NON OBDII hooks right up everytime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts