Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Country Boy Toy
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the whole Bio-Diesel thing. I assume WMO is Waste Motor Oil or Waste Mineral Oil. I was wondering if you guys could fill me in on WMO. I assume its on the same concept as adding ATF fluid to your fuel. Thanks guys I appreciate this.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
I have been using used motor oil (filtered 2x) for about a year now, seems to like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
U use straight used motor oil?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
I mix about 50% diesel to oil only in summer about quarter tank oil in winter

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I've ran lots and lots of used motor oil. I swear I think the truck runs better on the stuff. I just wish I could get more of it w/ no water or bugs in it.

·
Big Daddy
3 Posts
there a guy on you tube filters wmo through mutiple filters down to 1 micron uses a blend of 40% ATF 10%WMO 50% DF been doing it since 07 or 08 been thinking of trying it myself in my 7.3s

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ive done it myself, most ive ever put is a 2 gallons at a fill-up.. Seems like the truck runs better with WMO...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I just bought some 1 micron filter bags off of ebay and they worked great. Mixed about 4 to 5 gallons a tank.

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
I just bought some 1 micron filter bags off of ebay and they worked great. Mixed about 4 to 5 gallons a tank.
You filtered it with a filter bag? How do you even do that? Pour from one vessel to another? Please share....IVe got about 100 gallons of used motor oil and access to thousands more if I want it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've run wvo for last 50k miles.

I tried wmo once!
Filtered it through my staged filters to 1 micron.
When I ran on it my truck it smoked, all the time a haze came out made it look like my truck had a problem. Forget about a performance tune with it it smoked way more then #2.

When I run on wvo there is no smoke under normal driving. On the smoke tune wvo made halve as much as on #2.

WMO is dirty. Rather have my truck smell like fries then a two stroke, Whatever yer into.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
You filtered it with a filter bag? How do you even do that? Pour from one vessel to another? Please share....IVe got about 100 gallons of used motor oil and access to thousands more if I want it.
I just took oil from drums we had and pumped it into a five gallon bucket and the poured it threw the filter bad. Where another 5 gallon bucket cought the filtered oil. I usally filltered about 25 to 30 gallons then used a new bag.
Here is a pic of the bag.

Here is a link to the ebay add. That is where I buy mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-Five-5-1-Micron-Polyester-Filter-Bags-WVO-/350369249309?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5193a2781d

·
Registered
531 Posts
some guys centrifuge it if they use a lot.
Tht is exactly what I do as I burn about 50 gal of WMO per week. I also have a 2 mic in line off of my skid tank that I change at least twice a year that does not seem to restrict the flow after 2500 gal or so of a 50/50 mix. I normally just change them as a precaution.

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
Ive been running a mix of used atf, wmo, biodiesel and diesel. It deff runs better when you have anything extra in the tank other than pure diesel. I run anywhere from 80/20 bio to atf/wmo to 50/50. Starts harder the more atf/wmo you put in. Other than that runs great. I filter the atf/wmo to 1 micron, the bio is 1 micron as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts