Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Strokin'
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed while changing glow plugs the other day i noticed that my injectors were AD's. when i searched for AD's they dont seem to be the stock ones or are they? the guy i bought the truck from said it had "newer 7.3 injectors" but i was skeptical.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
prob a cali truck

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
id expect some black smoke if they are ad injectors,i know when i had stage ones with stock tune the truck smoked pretty good

·
Strokin'
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id expect some black smoke if they are ad injectors,i know when i had stage ones with stock tune the truck smoked pretty good
not a bit. smokes a bit at start up but thats it. its only smoked a few time pulling a trailer with a heavy load. not that im looking for a smoke show i just figured it would smoke a little.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
i drove my truck for two weeks with stage ones and stock tune and it smoked and hit 25 psi boost.when i got the chip it would run exactly like stock aa injectors with no smoke and about 15 psi boost in the stock setting.it doesnt make any sense to me because as long as nozzle size has remained the same and the tune has remained the same you should get the same amount of fuel i would think.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
i drove my truck for two weeks with stage ones and stock tune and it smoked and hit 25 psi boost.when i got the chip it would run exactly like stock aa injectors with no smoke and about 15 psi boost in the stock setting.it doesnt make any sense to me because as long as nozzle size has remained the same and the tune has remained the same you should get the same amount of fuel i would think.
Maybe you had stage 2s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts