Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity exactly how many computers are on the 6.4 engine and chassis that would effect the way the engine and transmission work? which ( wire's ,computers, sensors )would make just the engine and transmission run and perform like it was in the chassis.

thanks steve-0 :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
alot. not trying to be smart. Every sensor has a reason and a side affect if tampered with. You really cant take away any sensors.

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I am aware of this. I am not whanting to take any sensors off the truck or wiring. just what it would take to do a conversion in a 99-03 truck ?

that's what I am whanting to know

steve-0

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
I would like to know as well!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just took the 6.4 class to be certified by ford. let me tell you the 6.4 makes my 6.0 look like a Dinosaur. You would need all the sensors the wiring harness cause its a can bus system and the modules.You cant just hack a harness together. You would need the ecm,gpcm, and i think the instrument cluster as dumb as that sounds.

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
Sounds like my &##%# Jettta. Great little car but when one module acts up it has an effect on the others.

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just took the 6.4 class to be certified by ford. let me tell you the 6.4 makes my 6.0 look like a Dinosaur. You would need all the sensors the wiring harness cause its a can bus system and the modules.You cant just hack a harness together. You would need the ecm,gpcm, and i think the instrument cluster as dumb as that sounds.
I plan on using the whole dash assembly and not cutting any wires. If you could shed some more light on this I would greatly appretiate it.

thanks steve-0

·
Registered
171 Posts
Can bus systems are twisted pairs of wire and they have to stay twisted. If not twisted they will screw the whole system up.radio intereference will occur from module to module. I think you will need the instrument cluster cause when we have to program the ecm we have to reprogram the ic,tcm and the ecm all together.

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could you get a wiring schmatic for the engine and trans? give a better understanding in my part on which wires can be converted to our SD wiring.

thanks steve-0

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
jeez, sounds like a headache!!!
id hate to get rat or some kinda vermin in the engine bay and start goin to town.

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah wiring vs 800hp huh I would take 800 hp LOL

steve-0

1 - 14 of 14 Posts