47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing 2 lightforce lights on a lightbar and looking for the 12v
high beam wire to tap into for the relay.Or what 12v source do you
guys use for accessories?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I used 40 amp relays for each light triggered via a key on power source. I.e. the ignition key has to be in the run position. In this way engine has to be running for lights to work and therefor can not be left on by accident as they get hot and will melt if you are running the halogen bulbs and are forgotten on.

So I tapped into the inside fuse block with a blade type pushin tab (key on circut) then though an older style floor dimmer switch on the floor, then through a rocker switch (on the door arm rest) then to the relay trigger wire under the hood. Main power for the relay is direct from the battery. So works like this engine running, switch activated on the door and now you can control the lights via the dimmer switch. One last suggestion the rocker switch on the door lights up when the lightforce lights are on, I just hooked a jumper from the same power source foot dimmer 12V to activate when the door switch is ON on comes the light in the rocker. Works just like a high beam indicator for your LightForce lights.....Hope this all makes sense....

jrc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts