Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I recently put new Chevy tow mirrors on my truck. 97 F250 7.3. Truck had power mirrors. My wxisting harness had 3 wires. My new mirrors have 4. No turn signal, heat, or telescoping. Any advice on wiring these in? Thanks!

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
Ideally you would need a schematic for the mirrors of both trucks. Do you know which wires are which? A schematic will tell you which wire does what function.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the one on the truck side but not for the mirror. However through process of elimination I have found that the white wire on the mirror is a ground and the other 3 are for up, left, and right, but i do not have down.

·
Native Texan
9,051 Posts
well the 97 uses 3 wires because it reverses the ground and power wires to move the mirror. I have access to diagrams if i knew the year and model of the Chevy i can get diagrams for it.

·
Native Texan
9,051 Posts
well looks like you got lucky even thou they are 4 wires they are wired as 3 wire. If you have the connector for the Chevy the wire the yellow and red on the left mirror to the yellow from the ford. then light blue to the red and the light green to the dark blue.

then on right yellows to yellow then gray from Chevy to dark green from ford and ppl/wht and to purple.

And that should make them work from your ford switch. hope this helps.

·
Native Texan
9,051 Posts
yes that is correct left should be drivers side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well the 97 uses 3 wires because it reverses the ground and power wires to move the mirror. I have access to diagrams if i knew the year and model of the Chevy i can get diagrams for it.
Can you help me with the pin out on a 01 factory harness and a pin out for the 08-16 mirrors with turn and heat!! NEED a pin out cause my mirror wires do not have the same color as factory

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Okay let me decipher
You have a 2001 Ford Superduty
YOu want to add 2008 Ford mirrors with turn signals and heaters?

You MIGHT HAVE to run additional wires to your door for the turn signals
Pretty sure the heat is automatic when the temp is cold (no wire for this just uses the battery power and ground, heat is switched interal of the mirror, FYI I MAY BE WRONG, its just a guess)
My 2001 Excursion already had wires for the turn signals, I got lucky, I just needed the correct adapters from Ebay

Something like this:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring this one back, but I'm trying to do the same - putting chevy 2015's on my 1997 F-350.

I can't find the chevy wiring diagram anywhere to get pin locations. They are aftermarket mirrors, so their wire colors might be different.

These are heated ones, so they have 3 plugs per mirror.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts